Transmission Maintenance - Hoover, AL
Everyone knows the importance of regular vehicle maintenance, such as oil changes and rotating tires, but what about your transmission? Proper maintenance of your transmission can provide a long-lasting relationship with your vehicle. At Mr. Transmission Birmingham Hoover, we help our customers understand how the transmission is a major part of your vehicle. Because of this, we provide our clients with the knowledge and transmission maintenance services they need.
Why Transmission Maintenance Is Important
The transmission is what works with the engine to match the necessary speed and the toad conditions of the vehicle. Part of your transmission system includes transmission fluid. The fluid has many responsibilities — it cleans, cools, and lubricates the transmission. The best preventative maintenance for your transmission is transmission fluid services. Regular maintenance helps keep the transmission fluid clean and the transmission running smoothly.
Harsh driving conditions can devastate the life of the transmission fluid, which can then lead to transmission failure. Old and dirty transmission fluid can also prompt to the need for an entirely new transmission. Regular transmission maintenance services can help to prevent transmission failures and keep your transmission in road-ready condition.
At Mr. Transmission Birmingham Hoover, we offer different levels of service — from fluid and filter exchange to fluid and filter flush — we offer the best service needed to keep your transmission in road ready condition. Our transmission maintenance services can help provide smoother shifting, improved performance, component failure reduction, and increased vehicle longevity.
As a vehicle ages, it is normal for the transmission to undergo wear and tear. Over time the fluid becomes thinner and contaminated and can cause premature wear on the transmission. Extreme temperature, towing, and stop-and-go traffic also increase the wear on your transmission. Common symptoms of transmission wear include:
- Loss of power upon acceleration
- Transmission is unable to go into gear
- Hard or late shifting of gears
- Transmission slipping
- Chatter or grinding noise in the transmission
- Transmission leaking
- Car is unable to move
Do’s & Don’ts of Transmission Maintenance
Below are a few standard tips to help you avoid future transmission damage:
- Do scheduled transmission maintenance according to vehicle owner’s manual.
- Do have transmission fluid checked when having oil changed.
- Do not drive a vehicle with low or no transmission fluid.
- Do not change gear ranges from drive to reverse when your vehicle is moving.
- Do not spin tires on turns with front wheel drive vehicles.
- Do not drive your vehicle when there are transmission problems, as this may cause further damage.
- Do not drag race your vehicle as it puts unnecessary strain on your transmission.
- Do not drive in 4×4 range on dry pavement, unless vehicle is all-wheel or automatic 4×4.
- Do make sure you come to a complete stop before moving gear into another range.
- Do not drive on spare tires or mismatched tire sizes with front wheel or all wheel drive vehicles for extended periods of time.
Schedule an Appointment Today
At Mr. Transmission Birmingham Hoover, we offer the complete package when it comes to transmission maintenance. Simply put: We go above and beyond!
To schedule transmission maintenance for your vehicle, call (205) 979-3090 to speak with a Mr. Transmission Birmingham Hoover specialist today.